Home Timely

Despite all hurly burly and unfavorable situation I had to dealt, I should say that I'm thankful to be home timely this time around. 

Indeed, Allah knows best.

First, perhaps I'm as a health worker not as tough as my colleagues to tackle such disastrous second wave.

Plus Allah knows I'm needed home soon.

Qadarullah, my bro and his preggy wife (35 weeks) got COVID-19 in one full month (July-August). I could organize further preventive measure which I doubt can be fully managed alone by panic-stricken them. I was able to accompany them to the hospital alternately to get examination and medication with such extensive number of queue of COVID patients, and without a solid zoning system. I drove around Medan at late hour to get medication but unable to find antiviral regimen. Another time I scoured through all pharmacies in Medan to find Codein but they all ran out of it. I can't imagine if my parents had to deal with the situation alone, be in close contact and take care of them without me. 

Both were not independent type and at high risk. Bro has comorbids and his wife was obviously heavily pregnant. Bro got moderate symptoms. His wife's D-dimer was more than 3000. And jujurly both are hard to deal with. They insisted on self isolation but not cooperating really well at first. Bro had his temper illed as well, fed up when I told him to consume a handful of medicine and more upset when his cough remained at a worsen stage.

Heard a lot from true experience of some people who cared for their family who got COVID that a bunch of them strangely became grumpy as well when they suffered from COVID-19. You know that type of annoying patients, it's even not comparable when it's in your own family. 

Btw, along with all devastating situation, I myself got provoked, frustrated and dejected. Of course, I did everything, as best as I could, to care for my family but they hardly listened and got angry instead. Mix feelings of wanna angry back but fear of losing too. I just tried to deaden my emotion and considered him not in the right state of mind. That way I built my patience. 

What a long dreadful time. It was another test for my patience and also for the entire family.

Thankfully they both tested negative just a few days before delivery and the baby was born healthy. I got my first niece.

Komentar

Postingan Populer