Kerja / Ibadah

Suatu hari waktu saya lagi tes wawancara untuk sebuah pekerjaan, pewawancaranya ya biasalah nanya common question "Kenapa kamu ingin kerja sebagai *jobnya* ?

I pretty anticipated this question so I had already prepared many honest reasons to ellaborate later in the interview. But bcz I've ever heard that if you apply for this job, your motive that work is for "ibadah" (to do good deed because of God, because you wanna have reward from God, God will be pleased seeing you do a good deed. -my definition of ibadah) will put you in the highest score than many other reasons, so I decides to put this as my first answer :
"Karena saya tau pekerjaan ini adalah amal yang insyaAllah pahalanya tidak terputus..."
Before I could finish my arguments, one of the interviewer smirked and cut short in the middle "Kalo mau beramal, jadi guru ngaji aja, lebih banyak lagi pahalanya".
I don't know if it was really sounded cliche for him or he tried to 'mop' me (put me down), tested me with mental attack -_- (well it didn't affect me though) and they jumped on to another question before I could complete my many other reasonable reasons. Yeah I got it that they started getting bored after several candidates' interview, as for me I was the last one to be interviewed.
Well it brought me to question his job though, if it's really on the first case (tahat he considered it's cliche) then all this time he's been working for years he never had idea that what he's been doing that he studied things and educated people, he did good to humanity, not as a good deed to God and it might be blessed by Allah. I think he's quite unfortunate and in a bit lost, that he's unaware of that.

Well, I might be naive idealist. But at least that's honest.

Komentar

Postingan Populer